Thursday, June 7, 2012

Honor

My friend Scottie was killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan yesterday. He commented on a picture of me and his brother on facebook two days ago. On Memorial Day, me, his brother, and a few of our friends did a huge Crossfit-style workout on the beach that left us all walking funny (136 pushups, 272 lunges, and 16 sprints into waist-high ocean), all in the name of remembering those who fought and served our country, but didn't survive. I can't believe it, I can't believe he is now someone we sprinted for just over a week ago. All I want to say is thank you, Scottie. I am so sorry this happened. Sorry especially to your family. You are loved and remembered by so many. I am proud of your service and humbled by your sacrifice.

1 comment:

Lauren Kay said...

I feel so sad about Scottie and I didn't know him that well either. But I knew him well enough to know I thought he was so nice, he was always kind and he made good cookies. I found myself crying to sleep last night and feeling so grateful for the Gospel and eternal families