Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Boots Vs. Buddies Update

Money spent thus far: $54.57
Items mailed: 4

Mailing stuff to people is still so magical, does anyone else feel that? I put these little presents into their containers and just paused for a second, trying to wrap my head around the fact that the items in front of me would somehow move 2,110 miles west of here in three days' time, without my help, or any effort on their part. Neat!
Russel went with Chocolate over Vanilla for his Georgetown cupcake request. I went with Salted Caramel. We both agreed my decision was wiser.
Doesn't brother look fly in his new jeans and the new hoodie I bought him??
Other updates:

Guess what I'm doing this evening?

 I'M PACKING! TO FLY TO TEXAS! TO RUN 26.2 MILES! 

Please oh please let me survive... cuz I'm going with a great crew, and the stuff we have planned for the rest of the weekend assures me it's going to be a weekend to remember! I just might not be able to stay vertical for the second half of it...


This has nothing to do with anything, but I've thought this every day for like the past three weeks and I need to say it:

Country music is ON FIRE right now! 

Like, the quality of music coming out now rivals country's high point in 2002 (the debut of Faith Hill's Cry album, the greatest album to cook to in the history of the universe!!). Here's what I've been rocking out to in the Rover these days (Sorry I don't have Spotify to collate them for you):

Lee Brice, "Hard to Love"
 Eric Church's hilarious"Creepin'"
Hauntingly ironic Kacey Musgraves' "Merry Go-Round" (The first line is basically written for YSAs)
Breezy, happy, "Lovin' You is Fun" by Easton Corbin
Jerrod Niemann's bright and blissful "Shinin' on Me" (you can tell this man loves his musical craft. Also, his jawline=DAYUM!)
Janna Kramer tells a heartbreaking story that everyone who's ever been involved in ward drama understands in "Why Ya Wanna"
The magnificent Zac Brown Band, "Goodbye in Her Eyes," which I just gotta throw up here, it's too good to simply link:



3 comments:

Aaron S said...

You're gonna do great in the marathon, Lindsey! Just keep your relaxed pace and follow your nutrition plan, and remember to enjoy the moment!

Aaron S said...

Oh, and thanks for including the Kacey Musgraves song. I heard it once, but forgot to add it to my Spotify right then.

Ld said...

I'm glad you have come to appreciate country music. As good as today's country music is though, it's high point was in the late 70's. Jerry Jeff Walker, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Linda Ronstadt, etc. Come to think of it, the 70's were the high point of Rock and Roll too. Hmm.