Friday, February 10, 2012

Granola Recipe. And a small note on e-crushes.

World, guess what? I have perfected the art of Granola. After my roommates and I downed a large batch of the following concoction in two days flat, and after I fielded multiple requests for the recipe, I decided it was time to share this granola with the world. I'm like the girl on The Saint, and this is my version of cold fusion. Enjoy having your world heartily rocked.

Lindsey's Art Hippie Crack/Marathon Training Fuel

3 cups old fashioned oats
1 or 2 cups of nuts depending on how much you like nuts (I used 1 cup roughly chopped almonds and 1 c walnuts)
2 tbl (heaping) brown sugar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 c sunflower seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp (heaping) salt
1/3 c mix of maple syrup and honey (I used sugar-free syrup, because that's how I roll).
2 tbl unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white, lightly beaten w/ a fork
1 big pinch of stevia (Or, another tbl brown sugar :)
1 or 2 cups dried fruit (I used cranberries and apples)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix first 8 ingredients in bowl. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, stir the syrup/honey and the applesauce until everything's well mixed together (only a minute or so). Pour over the oat mixture and stir. Add the egg white and stir again. Spread out over a greased baking sheet and bake 30-40 minutes (stirring the mixture every ten minutes). Watch and sniff carefully between 30 minutes and 40 minutes for any burning. Granola should be mostly dry and smell AWESOME when it's done. Remove pan, set on a rack, let cool, then stir in dried fruit and stevia if you want it to be sweeter (I have a massive sweet tooth, so yes, I did). Store in airtight container... try not to inhale too quickly :)

---------------------------

In totally unrelated news, I wanted to do a blogging series of my favorite men on the internet, since it's nearly V-day. But I couldn't think of a title for said series that couldn't also be taken very, very inappropriately ("I'm dating the Internet." "Youtube is my boyfriend." etc.) So, with less fanfare than I envisioned for them, here are my e-crushes, may they bring you as much joy as they've brought me at work and at unholy hours of weekday evenings:

The Incorrigible Idiot:

The Crooner:


The Perfect Groom:


The Smooth Talker (I'm looking at JT, but Jimmy Fallon is always charming :)


And, of course, The Sexiest Man Alive:



2 comments:

M.C. Sommers said...

I heart Twitch so much. Especially in that dance.

I'll have to try your granola. I've been looking for a good recipe.

MOM said...

Loved the videos...especially the "Crooner". Great song! (You didn't know the wedding couple, did you? Either way, he was awesome, and his wig-wearing back up group too!)

Can't wait to try the granola recipe. You always have something interesting going on sis. So proud of you. LOVE YOU!!