My biggest set back, that keeps threatening all my progress, is snacking. Dang it, I get HUNGRY at 10:30 am and 3 pm... and 4 pm and 8 pm! So I've been looking for healthy snack ideas.
(1/2 a sweet potato, baked, mixed with a lil non-sweetened applesauce and walnuts)
this super fast Pesto chicken salad 3 times this week. ->
But I need more! Any suggestions?? These need to be FILLING snacks. I can eat like a man.
In other news, our ward went on a camping retreat all weekend and it was AMAZING! So many fun things to do, and I feel like we all really got a chance to meet new people and strengthen friendships with... well, not OLD people, but you know what I mean. I finally went to Gettysburg and toured the museum there, which all the nerds in my museum circles keep rhapsodizing about. My verdict: it was SO worth the money! The exhibit and the cyclorama were FANTASTIC!!!! So well done. I was geeking out to my friends the whole time, and they were nice enough to feign interest in 19th century theories of optics and visual culture for my sake.
At the end of the movie they show that teaches you all about the battle, the narrator (Morgan Freeman, aka The Voice of God in my imagination), gives the most poignant thought: "And now we too are met on this battlefield." or something like that... basically the thought was, the racism and division that were the root cause of the horrific bloodshed over a hundred years ago continues today in its own way. How will you fight for the cause? Will you?
PS-- GIRLS ONLY--Read this on one of my fitness blogs and pretty much felt an AMEN:
During a Period
- Uterus: I hope you didn't like your underwear.
- Stomach: EAT ALL THE THINGS!
- Emotions: I don't care that you were crying your eyes out ten minutes ago, that was freaking funny! Now go act like you're high until I see something that pisses me off.
- Stomach: ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATY THINGS!
- Uterus: Also I've decided to act like something's constantly punching me. I hope you don't mind.
- Thighs: I'm just gonna go ahead and feel like I'm made of lead, cool?
- Body: Oh all your clothes are going to look like crap and probably not fit.
- Me: Why??????