Monday, May 2, 2011

Lullaby



I can't sleep tonight, although the video above is helping. Today has been the first (and hopefully only) day of my life made absolutely fabulous by the death of another human being. Say it with me now, "OSAMA'S A GONER!!!!" Did anyone else get teary-eyed watching the people celebrate into the night at Ground Zero?

It's my little brother Marcus' 22nd birthday. I made strawberry-oat muffins at 10:30 pm this evening to commemorate his life. I ate them with relish (figuratively, not literally- ew) at 10:31pm to keep the party going. I miss siblings. It's one of the hardest things about the East Coast.

I miss art. I miss learning about art right now. One of the walls in my room is stripped bare in preparation for an art project, because I need something to fill the creative void. I've got some good ideas a'brewin.

I have great roommates. Whether they are trusting me with their real thoughts on life, love, and family, driving me places, bringing me home Cafe Rio, or unwittingly setting a good example to me by unobtrusively serving and loving the people around them (I SEE YOU THREE!), they make life out here a lot more bearable.

And with that, I close my lullaby post- it doesn't mean much in the long run, but it's bringing a little softness to the end of my day.

4 comments:

MOM said...

Ahh...Clair de Lune. Wish I could play it that perfectly. I totally get the light thing...the notes, and how long they're held down. Where technology and art come togeher and allow us to experience something we've known from before in a whole new light. (no pun intended....well maybe.)

Love you!

Marissa said...

I love this!

Can we get those creative juices flowing and creative art into the wee hours of the morning when you visit in June? We can be inspired by Picasso at the VMFA and by Mr. Jefferson's Capitol... then create beautiful things. Let me know.

Judy Anne said...

that is your g-pa christensen's favorite

Jayci said...

I think it's lovely. :) nice sentiments.