Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm not Catholic, but...

After 6 months of being that-> girl, I have decided to give up sweets for Lent. 18ish hours in, and my head is splitting!!! It's going to be a long 42 days, wish me luck. The last time I tried to give up sugar I made it to 10 am, when I walked into work and found a box of donut holes sitting on a table. Self-control, not my forte.

I'm not Catholic, but I gave up facebook for Lent last year with a friend from school and I found it a really rewarding experience; giving up something you love, er, use all the time, and thinking about the Savior when you want to cave. Cupcake-the-size-of-my-head, I'll see you at Easter! We shall rejoice!

4 comments:

M.C. Sommers said...

That's awesome. I was thinking about that yesterday when everyone was posting what they were giving up on facebook. Maybe I'll have to join you with something. :)

Olsen Family said...

Go Lindsey!! Working in a bakery and giving up sugar. Quite gutsy!

Metro Moments and other happenings said...

I love it Linds! I found your blog, and put it in my reader.

41 more days!

You can do it.

-Amber

Judy Anne said...

I applaud your efforts. Good luck!