Tuesday, March 15, 2011

because because because

Because it saved my non-sugary life today:

(It's a Greek Yogurt flavored like veggies and ranch. Aka it flavor-fies AND healthifies the pita chips I'm still downing like mad. Day 7 of non-sugar-Lent, going strong!)

Because I'm happily obsessed with this band:



(I don't remember whose facebook/gchat status first introduced me to the band The Civil Wars, but thank you. I had a REALLY long inner debate between four of their tracks to bring to the blog today, that's how good they are. This video won because they took a traditionally happy song and made it sad and somehow made it better and that is NOT easy to do! Mad props, you two.)


Because I'm feeling nostalgic today:


Come here!
Come back!
Come back!
Parental jackpot. I tells you.
You come here too. :)
Because we talked about the parable of the sower in Sunday school this week and it got me pondering how many scriptures use flowers and plants to drive their point home:




Mark 4: Out went the sower to sow, by the wayside, on the stony ground, among the thorns, and finally, "other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred. He that hath ears to hear let him hear."

Manet.
Isaiah 35:1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.


Alma 32:28 ye will begin to say within yourselves- It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious unto me.


D & C, Luke, Matthew, AND 3rd Nephi: "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin, and the kingdoms of the world, in all their glory, are not arrayed like one of these.

There's so many more. Be on the lookout for them this spring :)

1 comment:

MOM said...

I'm a lovin' you back sis. Miss you too. Can we just hop on a plane and come visit you? Sigh.