I LOVE that Billy Currington country song, don't care what anyone says. Although I might sub in "Klondike Bars" for beer. The truthiness of the chorus still hits me forcefully every time: People. Are. Freaking. CRAZY!
Ashton Eaton, current WR holder AND an Oregon Ducks runner. Woo!
I kind of want to try on being a vengeful cartoon villian(ess) for a day, see how I fare. Hmm, but what venue? I need a small stage, but one where I could really get dirty... I got it! The Mormon Bachelor! The Olympics of singles ward fishbowl dating games! (7 of 13, to be continued...)
So I've never actually watched the Mormon Bachelor... do they even HAVE villians? Or is everybody just sweet, good-hearted girls, looking to see if their assortment of quirks correspond to the hero's? That's what I imagine. Even better for me if that is the case. The perfect place for a villainess to make waves!
|You can almost hear my evil cackle.|
- Never have any friends of your same gender (unless they are your minions and you send them out to spread malicious rumors).
- Wear the same dress to church that the heroine just bought, but yours is two sizes smaller, tighter, and shorter.
- Answer the door when your roommate has a date. Flatter and flirt with him in the front hall til he can't remember his date's name.
- Upon hearing that someone has had a successful DTR, seduce them into making out with you.
-Every boy must take you out somewhere fancy at least 8 times before you let him know it's not going to work out (That is, IF you let him know!).
- Have at least 8 boys cycling through this process at all times.
- Never, ever call back.
- Go out with someone once, inform him suddenly that you're just not feeling it, and make everything AWKWARD!!! EVERY TIME YOU SEE HIM!!! TIL HE MOVES OUT!!!
- Rock out to Glee soundtracks.
- Three words: skimpy. profile. photo.
|It's just so cute when they cry!|
- Go after the EQP because of all his POWER!
-Dump the sweet EQP and immediately start dating the ward meathead. When asked, assiduously argue that, "He really is nice when you get to know him!"
- Date roommates or best friends at the same time. Get them to duel for you.
- Passive aggression. Employ it in every conversation that don't correspond to your master plan.
- Move into a new ward and steal ALL attention!!
- What's the feminine equivalent of the humblebrag? Oh yea. The complimentfish.
- Testimonies that double as personal advertisements.
- Reveal your beau's very personal secrets or trials to the whole Relief Society!
- When the heroine tells you her Prince Charming finally asked her out, give him a backscratch in church. And your phone number.
- Dump someone at the altar (worth 1,000 Villainess points). 100 extra points if you keep the ring.
Any others I might add? And yes, I have actually witnessed every single one of these tactics before (except the altar dumping. PS did you know Neal Maxwell was once left at the altar? I bet she regrets it now!!! I like knowing our apostles were similarly stricken with obnoxious, all-too-human trials a few times in their exemplary lives). Like Billy Currington wisely observed, "People are crazy!"