Sunday, May 13, 2012

Patience

From the Preach My Gospel manual (I don't know why I love this so much but I do! I've read it over and over again throughout my days and weeks):


Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious. It is the ability to do God's will and accept His timing. When you are patient, you hold up under pressure and are able to face adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and faith-- you must wait for the Lord's promised blessings to be fulfilled.


You need patience in your everyday experiences and relationships, especially with your companion. You must be patient with all people, yourself included, as you work to overcome faults and weaknesses.


Rose window in the cathedral in Strasbourg, Germany. 14th century High Gothic. The earth tones make it one of the most unique rose windows in the world, and my personal favorite.
Rose and Driftwood. Ansel Adams. 1902. Gelatin silver plate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I can see how those words could be read over and over again. Very strengthening. I love "face adversity calmly and hopefully." To me hope says it's "okay" to keep looking/moving forward with our good intentions, goals, desires... hand in hand with God, who helps us be calm. And then peace can settle in, and there's nothing like peace. :) All I know is that if we live the gospel, things will work out as they should. He loves us, and He wants us to succeed and be happy and to love. And my dear, I'm glad I get to love you. You bring so much joy into my life. MOM

Dave said...

love PMG. applies to like every thing in life. love you. -dani