Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some Times

Sometimes...

You discover that it's not in anyone's best interest to find flaws with loved ones. Because then you must say you're sorry. And mean it!

Sometimes...

You discover you have a friend where you least expected one.

Sometimes...

You call it a victory if you can hold it all in until you walk through your door at the end of the day.

Sometimes...

You end your internship at a museum you've come to respect, with a boss you've come to love and admire.

Sometimes...

You send your resumes out into the wind like so many autumn leaves, completely unsure of where they will land and which ones will pay off.

Sometimes....

Life keeps going on. So you take afternoon walks on the Mall, or laugh with the bus driver, or bake cookies with your roomies and the last of your earthly food supplies.

And at all times...

You must remember who you are, and whose you are.

DC Lyndz, former intern, signing out.

6 comments:

Jayci said...

sometimes... I wish I lived in DC too!! then you could bake me cookies and take me in your museum!! Congrats on finishing your internship! I'm sure you'll be missed.

Hello My Name is: Genevieve said...

love this. and I love the picture of you! you are adorable lindsey and I miss you.

MOM said...

Hey...you're not stopping the blog, right? Just the internship ending, right? We still want to hear from you wherever you go and whatever you do!! You can make the simplest of things sound fun and interesting. And I KNOW you can google more art that fits into your subject of the week. I take it that your two pictures depict "Lindsey saying goodbye to her intership and ready to "dive" into summer." Have fun swimming somewhere! We all know how you LOVE summer! :) Love you, MOM

Cheryl said...

Ditto your mother's comment about continuing to write your blog. Reading YOUR blog is one of the things I look forward to each Sunday (of course this week you wrote in advance but that's okay-I'm flexible). So please keep it up and like Annie Q. said and I quote "And I KNOW you can google more art that fits into your subject of the week." You are my one thread to the outside world of art. Just KNOWING you makes me feel a little more polished!

Love,
Auntie Cheryl

Hey, on the personal side I'm a missionary!I even have a name tag (actually 2 name tags)! Just got them a couple of hours ago! I am very excited! Boy, every sentence in this paragraph ends with an ! mark!! !! !!! !! !!!!

Judy Anne said...

Endings are really just beginnings.

Marissa said...

That is a GREAT picture of you at the beach and I love that you have a picture of you working your magic on the children to teach them to love art! You're in my prayers, darlin!