Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bob Marley, on good men.


Fall always puts me in a lovey mood, reminds me how fun it is to hold hands and take jacket-covered walks together. Here's a few things I've liked about love lately:

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”

― Bob Marley

Click here for a beautifully illustrated essay about the infamous love affair between photographer Alfred Stieglitz and the visionary painter Georgia O'Keeffe.

 

Speaking of love, guess who turns 3 this week??



Tiny boyfriend!! I've been watching him for more than half his life! It's still strikes me as so random that the thing that will get me through the last year and a half of my master's degree is a little boy I'm unrelated to, whom I'd never have met any other way. I'm sure in ten years this job will seem like a blip on my career radar, but I am grateful for this blip because it has brought so much love into my life, at a time when I really needed it. 

Hooray for tiny boyfriends! And boys that bring you ice cream in the middle of the night when they find out you're neck deep in homework! And boys that will forgo analyzing the minutae of football games to ask you deep questions! (although this weekend it wasn't hard to turn away from our school's craptacular showing at the annual Holy War). Hooray for dancing boys and the blogging boys that bring them to you (Aaron!)


Hooray for boys everywhere!

3 comments:

Aaron S said...

haha You're very welcome, Lindsey! Glad you liked the FreeStyle vs Ballet vid. And thank you for posting that Bob Marley quote, because I needed it and I'm going to use it :)

MOM said...

YAY BOYS!! Who could keep from falling for those big eyes? Has he wrapped your hair around his face? Cute!

Judy Anne said...

I have always been and continue to be surrounded by boys! They are interesting creatures!