Monday, June 27, 2011

26

Here's a list of fabulous things accomplished by people during their 25th year of life:

Orson Welles co-scripted, directed, and starred in Citizen Kane.

Charles Lindbergh became the first person to fly alone across the Atlantic, thus winning a $25,000 prize.

Fayette, N.Y. farmhand Joseph Smith founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints after translating the Book of Mormon from golden tablets revealed to him by the angel Moroni.

Physician Roger Bannister broke the four minute mile. As he collapsed unconscious into the arms of his trainer, the loudspeaker announced, "The time was three..." The uproar of the fans drowned out the rest of the announcement.

Natalie Wood earned her third Oscar nomination.

Charles Chaplin appeared in his 35th film.

I, Lindsey Ann, earned approximately $14,000, opened two bakeries, took out my endowments in the LDS Las Vegas temple, did research at FBI headquarters, fell in love with Ethiopian art, traveled to New York City 3x, rode a blue bike along the Outer Banks, saw Brad Paisley in concert, and loved my friends and family.
Ashley and I on the NYC Subway
Blue bike on Bonito Road... I think my face accurately expresses how I felt about being alive at that moment.
Marissa, Brad, and I, rockin out
Miracles occur. These three besties making it down to Vegas for my endowment was one of them.
Example of the type of contemporary Ethiopian art that lights my fire! by Wosene Kosrof 
Me and Amanda, my boss at Crumbs.
She also had never opened a store before, I think we did a pretty good job!! 
More besties

Notable accomplishments by people age 26:

Albert Einstein published five major research papers in a German physics journal, fundamentally changing man's view of the universe and leading to such inventions as television and the atomic bomb.

Benjamin Franklin published the first edition of Poor Richard's Almanac, which was to play a large role in molding the diverse American character.

College dropout Steve Wozniak co-founded Apple Computer.

Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin, revolutionizing the economies of the United States and Britain.

British ethologist Jane Goodall set up camp in the Gombe Stream Chimpanzee Reserve on Lake Tanganyika and began studying the lives of chimpanzees.

Napoleon Bonaparte conquered Italy.

... My journey for similar glory starts tomorrow. I'm turning 26.

Some ideas for how to change the world in a year:
- Continue to get more education
- Be financially self-reliant and thus be prepared to aid others
- Deepen my relationship with Jesus Christ and invite others to get to know him, too
- Marry up and start making wicked smart, funny, beautiful babies
- Pass my French certification
- Stop running the tap while I brush my teeth
- Laugh til I cry with choice friends
- Get a new stamp  in my passport
- Be in the right time at the right place for somebody

6 comments:

Maggie said...

I loved this post. Happy Birthday dear Lindsey.

You are always there for me.

M.C. Sommers said...

You continually amaze me. Happy Birthday! :)

Lauren Kay said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's a really wonderful day!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday, Lindsey! I'm glad you had a great year being 25 and hope your next year brings lots of wonderful blessings and fun! ;) Love you girl!

Marissa said...

You make me so exceptionally happy. I love every bit of you! I'm excited for what the next year has in store for you and I'm so blessed to be a part of even a small snippet of the awesomeness :)

Jayci said...

Stealing a word from Marissa's comment: you are exceptional. :) I love this post, and I love how you live your life! You are superb, and I'd love to have you for a sister in law! Go on out to Oklahoma and go on a date with my brother in law, will ya? ;) He's going through his pilot training for the USAF. And he's rather handsome and quite HILARIOUS. You two might just be made for each other. A friend can hope, right?