Friday, April 3, 2009

I Got Mail

Which means... I get to stay in DC!!! George Washington University, Graduate Class of 2011... ish. I'll work out the details of my future work and school balancing act later. But for now, PARTY!!!! And thankfulness. I feel very much looked after this week.

Here's a couple other pictures of my life in the District and NOVA (which I've only recently figured out means the District of Columbia and NOrthern VirginiA):

At the base of a Rodin sculpture in the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden


This poster taunts me everyday, plastered to the top of the escalators at my subway stop: that's totally me at the bottom of the heel. Intern. Practically a dirty word. One of these days... I'll move up!


Annual Kite Festival on the Nationa Mall... kind of a dreary day, but still a sight to be seen!


Me and the tiny man-boy drummer from Garotas Suecas (last weekend's Brasilian band)

Me and me roommate Breanna. We're pretty excited. Our FHE activity (I hate saying that word when I'm 23...) was going to see the cherry blossoms at the Jefferson Memorial, and our FHE treats were cupcakes with tiny cherries on them!!! We have a very great, very clever mommy.

Normal face.
Paying homage to T. Jeff and his magnificent Declaration of Independence

9 comments:

Jayci said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew you'd go somewhere great and wonderful and exciting. I'm so glad you get to stay in "NOVA!" land. :D Hurray for independence ... kinda. Welcome to the bottom. haha I loved that poster.

MOM said...

Wahoo!! We're going to have a "master" in our family! Good work sis. I guess that pile of vocab words should have been "bronzed" and not burned. They paid off! :)
Love, Your REAL Mommy

Olsen Family said...

Congrats!!!! Awesome to have family close!! Way to go on getting your masters. George Washington is a great school!! Can't wait to see you in a week!!

M.C. said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you girl!

Judy Anne said...

Congrats on getting into Grad School. Now, you just have to think of getting out!!! Don't worry about being an intern, they are the ones who really know what is going on. I sure love you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

So does this mean that your blog will continue since you will still live there? I hope so. Personally I think your blog would make a fun book or film-young woman, art, away from home, wonderful comments, seeing life as a series of adventures, and of course, her standing up for the little man in the art world.
Love,
Auntie Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Yeah Lindsey, We are so very proud of you. Way to go! George Washington University, who would have thought that skinny little thing would end up doing something so big. We sure do love you and miss you, but mostly we are so happy for you. YOu are such a bright light in this ole world, keep going. And we get to see you in less than a month. LOve, Anut Betty and Uncle Gary and family. p.s. Happy Easter from all of us!

Anonymous said...

WOOT!

david THE cousin

rachel said...

wonderful! I'm so happy that you are living an amazing life!