Sunday, January 11, 2009

Explanation of My Blog's Title

"Go, and Embrace Your Liberty."

It's from one of my favorite movies, Little Women (all my life I have identified with Jo's character). I have made it my little slogan for myself as I set out into the unknown clutching my newly-earned bachelor's degree in Art History. I could easily substitute myself and my mother for Jo and Marmee here, we've had many real-life conversations that practically mirrored this scene-

Jo: I love our home, but I'm just so fitful and I can't stand being here! I'm sorry, I'm sorry Marmee. There's just something really wrong with me. I want to change, but I - I can't. And I just know I'll never fit in anywhere.

Marmee: Oh, Jo. Jo, you have so many extraordinary gifts; how can you expect to lead an ordinary life? You're ready to go out and find a good use for your talent. Tho' I don't know what I shall do without my Jo. Go, and embrace your liberty. And see what wonderful things come of it.

1 comment:

MOM said...

This Marmee loves you. :)